Hi! I’m a VC investing in frontier technology at the seed stage.
I landed in venture at Compound after an atypical background of doing marketing at a startup acquired by Gartner, a little bit of everything at a startup focused on creating experimental educational initiatives for cutting edge STEM fields (think computational neuroscience for the NIH, or aerospace for NASA), and going through a medical tech accelerator. The common thread through all of this has been a lot of self-directed learning.
Inspired by Devon Zugel – a few things I like to think about and/or I want to learn about
- How we define truth, and how this contrasts to how we’ve done so historically, and how it relates to science and faith
- Education and it’s ideals
- Non-verbal communication
- The overlap of machine learning, education, neuroscience, and developmental theory
- Theology and religious history
- Quantum information theory
- The handcrafts that underly clothing & fashion – textiles, beading, printmaking, etc.
You can find some of my older writing on my Medium, here.