Hi! I’m a VC investing in frontier technology at the seed stage.
I landed in venture at Compound after an atypical background of doing marketing at a startup acquired by Gartner, and a little bit of everything at a startup focused on creating experimental educational initiatives for cutting edge STEM fields (think computational neuroscience for the NIH, or aerospace for NASA). The common thread through all of this has been a lot of self-directed learning.
Inspired by Devon Zugel – a few things I like to think about and/or I want to learn about
- How we define truth, and how this contrasts to how we’ve done so historically, and how it relates to science and faith
- Education and it’s ideals
- Non-verbal communication
- The overlap of machine learning, education, neuroscience, and developmental theory
- Theology and religious history
- Quantum information theory
- The handcrafts that underly clothing & fashion – textiles, beading, printmaking, etc.
You can find some of my older writing on my Medium, here.